grow with children

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Saturday and Sunday holiday

They say children are pious, spontaneous and innocent. At times they say children are very selfish. I want to explore how to keep our innocence and spontaneity alive. Are we different from children?

Saturday and Sunday holiday!

But for the holy children (at times, they r holy na?) it's a strange idea. The second day aadil spent his half day in the new environment as a serious man, he seemed to be adjusting...

Third day he was ok and fourth day he was happy when Sudeep met him after the "school time",

Fifth day was a holiday and morning we missed bus to city and came back to room.he was so irritated and took his bottle and strted going to school all alone. It seemed he didn't like the idea of having a holiday.

OK, let me come to the factors that might have made him happy there.
It could be the presence of other kids.
It might also be because the authority doesn't seem to impose themselves upon the children.

They are sensitive enough that they don't insist on a diaper, don't put the kid "inside" all the day, and they don't feed the children. Children eat by themselves, spilling around and playing with their food.

When he comes back to spend the afternoon with me, (I spend the whole morning time with myself, thinking, writing, dancing,cleaning...) he finds a mother capable to be spontaneous with him.

It makes life different. After spending three or four hours with him, I take another break of about three hours and it energetises me. Now I feel relieved of the guilty feeling of not being good and spontaneous with Aadil. "MAKING OF A GOOD MOTHER"?

It also changed my view that only those people who are enlightened (had self realisation) should think of parenting. We (normal people in the phase of transformation) can also be good parents provided we get time for our own needs.

I wrote in my diary: We all need to give more attention to the child in us, while we care our children. Aadil's needs are better served now than when I was thwarted by my surroundings to become a full-time mother.

1 Comments:

Blogger thirty six j said...

is there a child in us, is there a child in a child?
i always wondered about this.
is it my fault?
but i don't see much "innocence" in children -
i think they are all the time analyzing, thinking, rationalizing, and trying to get
as much from the environment as us.
then i wonder where this concept of innocence comes from?

3:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home