grow with children

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Individuation

What i was trying to convey through my response to the latest comment(sachin's) on "what this space means to me" is well expressed in this link. Though I was researching on the term "individuation" I got into this page which says more about the experience of being a mother than what we have said in this blog.
It reminded me of my shameful and embarassing involvement with medical world for delivery. All the experience of being a puppet in the hands of the 'gynocologist' who thinks it is she who is going to deliver the baby and the senior Doctors who think "how stupid u r, did u think delivery is a natural process!" and the like came to my mind while reading this.
There is another important question raised in the same write up in the fact that:
"The standard cultural response to women publishing, broadcasting or teaching their experiences is to vilify and denigrate the women themselves; ignoring what it is they have to say."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home